Wednesday, August 22, 2018

A very happy Eid indeed :)

Assalamualaikum

(side note: I'm having trouble typing with my index finger because of the cut I got while cleaning the cans yesterday.. sigh.. so easily injured)


Alhamdulillah.
We are blessed with an opportunity to celebrate our eidul adha here in Cork for the.. emmm.. I think it's our 4th time now? And the best part about this year's eid is -- WE WALKED TO THE MOSQUE!

I know it's not really an achievement, many other people did that. But for me, that is my first time. And I feel sooo happy walking to the mosque and perform my Eid prayer with my housemates. I just love them :)

And alhamdulillah, last night we managed to prepare 2 dishes for our Raya Putlock - We made Laksam and Rendang Ayam. Alhamdulillah all turns out well (though there's a bit of drama in the beginning of not being able to get the right consistency of the batter, but we did well in the end biiznillah). And everything we made is super yummy and people liked it! alhamdulillah :)

O yeah, so back at the mosque. The khutbah reminds me of the things I really hate to do - sacrifice. Honestly, I don't like sacrificing because - I feel like I lose what I gave. And I don't like the feeling of losing something .. ( err prolly because I thought I have lost so much but in fact Allah has given me more ni'mah in return Alhamdulillah)

The khatib mentioned a story about Hajr and Ibrahim, and how they have to sacrifice. But Hajr was so clear that the instruction came from Allah - and she let it all happen. She's completely redha :)

That strikes me, that whatever I thought I own or lose in this world is not mine to begin with, and it's just  worldly thing anyway. The fact that I feel so much agony and pain over the past few years is because I'm still very much attached to everything in this world and I'm attached to the idea that I own things :(

That is bad.
Very bad.

So tim, please understand that sometimes Allah takes a little bit from you to see how you react to His action. Show that you are able to grow out of the pain and prove that you love Allah and His plans more than  what He gave/take from you. Build that sincerity from deep within and InshaAllah no matter what happen, you'll feel more at ease.

That's pretty much what I'd like to say in this post.
I'm just gonna attach some photos to commemorate other things that I did with my friends today :)


 

 








May Allah bless us all and protect us from any danger.
May He grant us strength when we need it most.
And may He guides us in whatever we do :) 

Alhamdullilah for the best gift today, Ya Allah 
Alhamdulillah wanastaghfirullah ... I'm officially a final year student :) 

No comments: