Friday, December 7, 2018

Reality check for you, T





"How did you do it , T?"
"Do what?"
"You're still happy and you clearly want to spend a lot of time with him..."
"Well, I don't see where is the issue."
"...I mean.. even when he doesn't look at you the same way?"

My heart snapped into two... for the thousandth time.
I plastered a smile over my face and I said.

"I don't mind at all. I just enjoyed the moment"

I lied. I was clearly in denial.
Having some sort of delusion that THIS.. gonna go somewhere.
And I keep that imagination alive by feeding a lot of assumptions and what ifs.
I wrote your story on your behalf. I was convinced that what I wrote was the truth.
Until tonight....

"T, have you had this talk with him?"
"About what?"
"You know, about you being so obvious and upfront with your feelings.. 
....is he okay with that?"
"..I... don't know"
"What if he's uncomfortable with .. all this?"
"...."
"Are you okay if one day,  he tells you that he doesn't like all this attention
and he doesn't feel the way you do?"
"To be honest...
He already did. 
We're just friends.
That's what he said
I just choose not to believe that."
"awwwhh ... T... " :'(
"I'm okay. I will be not okay when 
I choose to embrace that for a fact."
"That is so sad."
"I know" :)


My heart shattered again tonight.
A simple reality check by a friend brings me back to reality.

I look at our pictures again and again.
I recall our moments, most of them are just
me looking for you in a crowd
or me staring at you without you knowing.

Those moments are clearly all giddy,  sweet and happy only on my side.
What we had was clearly made complicated by own my mind.

It was pretty straightforward for you.
You said no.
I should've taken that as it is instead of sugarcoating it.

You and your sweet words.
Me and my overinterpretation. 
We're not a good match, kan?

I should've known better, kan..
I could've guarded my heart better.
And now that I'm in this trouble too deep,
all I can do is to seek help from Allah.

“O Allah, verily I seek the better choice from You, by Your knowledge, 
and I seek ability from You, by Your power, 
and I ask You from Your immense bounty. 

For indeed You have power, and I am powerless; 
You have knowledge and I know not; 
You are the Knower of the unseen realms. 

O Allah, if You know that this matter is good for me 
with regard to my religion, 
my livelihood and the end of my affair 
then decree it for me, facilitate it for me, 
and grant me blessing in it. 

And if You know that this matter is not good for me 
with regard to my religion, 
my livelihood and the end of my affair 
then turn it away from me and me from it; 
and decree for me better than it, 
wherever it may be, 
and make me content with it.”


Learning to live in reality (sure is hard)
But I'll try again.. for the thousandth times.

T


No comments: